Venues Today offers complimentary job listings for companies and businesses within the sports, live entertainment, meetings and facility industries. The free listings are typically posted for 30 days (or until instructed to remove).
When submitting your listing, please include job title, location, brief job description (100-200 words) and required qualifications. Please do not forget to include instructions on how to apply for the job, either via email or through a link to another website. We accept listings submitted in a Word format, but not as a PDF file.
Email all job postings to Linda Deckard, email@example.com
Outback Concerts, Nashville, Tenn.
Digital Marketing Coordinator
- Create and execute comprehensive marketing plans with individual show budgets for live music and comedy events at theatres, arenas and amphitheaters solely relying the focus on digital platforms.
- Must have advanced experience with Google Ad Words / Facebook Ads / Display Advertising / Twitter Ads / Mail Chimp / Robly Email Platforms
- Have basic understanding of TV, radio and alternative advertising / media buying.
- Proof each ad that goes to print or digital, forward ads on to artist agents/management, work with management and graphic designers on revisions & secure final approval from artist camp
- Order & ship all radio & TV spots and digital elements to assigned shows
- Compile post event analysis and advertising settlement packages
- Review invoices for accuracy and allocate to individual shows.
- Work with accounting department to ensure invoices are paid in a timely manner
- Create and proof all e-cards for pre-sales and show announcements
- Maintain master list of all shows in the department
- Compile weekly press releases for distribution to local media outlets
- Coordinate grass roots level marketing campaigns to generate ticket sales
- Communicate in a professional manner with agents and managers
- Coordinate with the box office on shipping all promotional tickets to radio stations
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or related field
- 2-3 years experience with digital marketing and/or advertising
- Graphic design experience (Photoshop) a plus
- Able to work in teams and reach deadlines
- Ability to take initiative, problem solve and perform research
- Experience with digital ad buying
- Knowledge of the principles of target marketing
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office programs required. Experience with Google Ad Words, Twitter ads, and Facebook Ads
- General knowledge of music, sports, theater, comedy, and family events
- Knowledge of concert promotion and live event business a plus
- The willingness to wear many hats in the concert / live event world with an eagerness to learn
Email Resumes & Cover Letter to Stefanie Billue.
No phone calls please.
Date posted: 11/20/2017
Township Auditorium, Columbia, S.C.
Immediate Supervisor: Executive Director
Closing Date: Open until Closed / Filled
General Statement of Duties:
This position will work with the Executive Director and the Assistant Director as well as independently to meet all the needs of all the events that take place at that Township Auditorium, as well as provide assistance to all other departments in the facility as needed.
Areas of Responsibilities:
• Manage all aspects of the event creation as directed by the Executive Director or Assistant Director
• Supervise/monitor event workflow on day of show for all of front of house and back of house staff
• Interacts with clients to identify their event requirements (rider fulfillment), and make sure requirements are carried out, this includes but is not limited to staffing, catering, concessions, police, security, stagehands, custodial, outside labor, technical needs, contact needs, merchandise, box office, etc.
• Identify, manage, coordinate, and communicate client needs to appropriate internal and external departments
• Arrange, review and direct needs for police, security, ushers, custodians to ensure building is adequately staffed
• Assists Executive Director/Assistant Director as needed with facility scheduling and event calendar
• Serve as Manager on Duty as assigned by Executive Director
• Conduct staff & security meetings on event days as necessary
• Follow-up with patrons or clients as needed in response to complaints/suggestions or event critiques
• Responsible for inspection of all areas of facility to ensure correct set-up and safety of patrons
• Respond to and communicate with promoters, agents, managers or production teams as needed
• Serve as direct communication link between the building and clients as related to the show
• Any other tasks related to the facility as assigned by the Executive Director or Assistant Director
• Coordinate or conduct walk-throughs and site surveys for future events and event related meetings
• Bachelor’s Degree in entertainment or event management or other related field preferred
• At least one year event or facility experience
• Strong leadership skills required
• Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills
• Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skill
• Willingness to work the hours necessary to meet goals including evenings, weekends and some holidays
• Strong work ethic
• Creative and proactive problem solver
• Strong computer skills especially related to Microsoft Office
This position requires to ability to regularly stand, walk, or possibly run for long periods of time, so you must have the ability to move quickly from one location to another as business dictates; ability to hear and listen to guests and clients on the phone or in person; ability to lift and move up to 50lbs. Ability to respond on an immediate basis in crisis situations
Please send resume, cover letter and salary requirements to Andrew Horne at HORNEA@RCGOV.US
Date posted: 10-3-17
The Tourism Partnership of Niagara, Canada
Representing the Regional Municipality of Niagara, the Tourism Partnership Niagara (TPN) is an independent, industry-led, non-profit organization with a mandate to work with partners across the Region to enhance and expand Niagara’s tourism products and marketing activities. Anchored by the awe inspiring natural spectacle of Niagara Falls, the Niagara Region is home to virtually everything a tourism destination needs in order to thrive - dynamic attractions, shopping, casinos, theatre, arts, heritage sites, horticulture, wineries, fine dining, golf, trails for hiking and cycling, beaches, festivals and events. The mission of the TPN is to enhance and grow this highly competitive tourism region through visitor-centric strategies, and to build a strong brand that maintains Niagara’s reputation as a world-renowned destination.
As Executive Director, you will work in concert with the sub-regional partners that share a vision to become the #1 leisure destination in Canada by creating a cohesive and compelling marketing and promotional strategy. Reporting to an independent Board of Directors and leading a small dedicated team, you will bring energy, vision and visibility to the Region’s brand. You will build on the tourism assets, activities and resources in place today, and leverage annual provincial funding to expand Niagara’s destination development and marketing efforts.
An organizational leader who thrives on harnessing the power of multiple stakeholders, you are comfortable in multiple roles - promoter, marketer, relationship developer, business manager and visionary. With previous project planning and executive experience combined with current knowledge of the technological advances that support destination marketing, you will pursue new opportunities to attract more visitors, generate more economic activity and create jobs across the Niagara region. Today, you may be a leader in the tourism sector or a senior executive in a consumer-facing, marketing-driven product or service business. With the TPN, you will become an ambassador for one of Canada’s most spectacular regions.
TPN is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, upon request, accommodation will be provided by both Odgers Berndtson and TPN throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities.
To explore this opportunity, please contact Nancy Lismer by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications are encouraged by October 2, 2017, and should be submitted online at: www.odgersberndtson.com/en/careers/14268 .
Date posted: 10-2-17