Venues Today offers complimentary job listings for companies and businesses within the sports, live entertainment, meetings and facility industries. The free listings are typically posted for 30 days (or until instructed to remove).
When submitting your listing, please include job title, location, brief job description (100-200 words) and required qualifications. Please do not forget to include instructions on how to apply for the job, either via email or through a link to another website. We accept listings submitted in a Word format, but not as a PDF file.
Email all job postings to email@example.com
Parx Casino, Bensalem, Pa.
Box Office Supervisor
Parx Casino, Pennsylvania’s #1 Casino, is seeking an experienced individual with a passion to join our team as our new Box Office Supervisor
This position will provide ticketing support to all live Entertainment as directed, manage all box office operations, help maintain and schedule front of house staff needed for events, Etc.
For a complete list of duties and qualifications please go to: www.parxcasino.com/careers
We look forward to hearing from you!
Date posted: 8-7-17nk
Western Fairs Association, Sacramento, Calif.
The Western Fairs Association (WFA) is seeking dynamic, engaging, and highly qualified professionals for consideration of the Executive Director position for this highly respected regional trade association. With a small staff and a $800,000 budget, WFA serves a large, geographically diverse membership base.
The Executive Director reports to the Board of Directors and has overall strategic and operational responsibility for the Association staff, programs, expansion, and execution of its mission and is often in direct contact with Board members and member agencies addressing immediate needs, interpreting policies, and providing guidance. The new Executive Director will have outstanding leadership skills necessary to lead with passion, idealism, integrity, and a positive attitude, being mission-driven and self- directed. This position requires a Bachelor's degree and significant management experience including a track record of effectively leading and managing an outcomes-based organization. An advanced degree, proven track record of having developed operationalized strategies for growth and expansion, and/or experience with a member-based association or trade organization is considered a plus.
The salary for this position is up to $150,000 and is supplemented by a flexible benefit package. Interested candidates should apply by submitting a compelling cover letter, comprehensive resume, and current salary to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to September 8, 2017.
For additional information, confidential inquiries welcomed to Heather Renschler at (916) 630-4900. Recruitment brochure available at http://www.ralphandersen.com/jobs/executive-director-western-fairs-association/.
Date posted: 7-31-17
Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts, New York
Assistant Director, Venue Sales
Department: Venue Sales
Reporting to the Senior Director, Business Development and Customer Experience, the Assistant Director, Venue Sales is responsible for implementing an expansive rental/sales program for numerous diverse Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts (LCPA) facilities including Alice Tully Hall, David Geffen Hall, The Stanley H. Kaplan Penthouse, the David Rubenstein Atrium and all outdoor public spaces. The position is charged with bringing in new clients, strengthening relationships with the returning clients as well as all resident organizations.
• Responsible for generating over $14M for LCPA facilities (overall target revenue of $30M across all constituent properties)
• Support Senior Director in developing strategic sales plans and track and report on goals
• Under the guidance and direction of the Senior Director, create and manage the budget for the venue sales department and work with the Vice President, Concert Halls and Operations on annual and quarterly planning, forecasting, and strategy
• Evaluate the sales potential of existing relationships and identify areas for improvement and growth
• Maintain and update all reporting from Concert Hall Booking System (ArtsVision)
• Conduct site visits with potential clients and provide cost estimates throughout the sales process
• Write event specific contracts and proposals for events as needed, to be reviewed by Lincoln Center senior staff and constituent organizations
• Serve as onsite contact for high-profile events to ensure seamless execution
• Foster and sustain relationships with repeat clients and key industry contacts to yield repeat business
• Deftly govern the scheduling process for over 400 internal and constituent events taking place in Lincoln Center operated venues
• 4 to 6 years of direct sales experience
• Extensive experience in meeting aggressive sales goals
• Ability to rigorously manage heavy volume of e-mails and phone calls
• Outstanding customer service skills and diplomacy
• Extremely detail-oriented with excellent follow-up skills
• Ability to work well under pressure and to adapt to changing priorities
• Must be a team player who excels in group problem solving and thrives in a fast-paced work environment
• Demonstrated success in developing and implementing sales strategies
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong interest in performing arts is a plus
• Experience working with databases
• Excellent Word, Excel, PowerPoint skills
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
Please submit cover letter, salary requirements and resume to:
Please list: Assistant Director, Venue Sales in the subject line.
70 Lincoln Center Plaza, New York, NY 10023
Internal Candidates should contact a member of the Human Resources Department directly.
Date posted: 7-24-17
Spokane (Wash.) Public Facilities District
Chief Executive Officer
Performs responsible administrative management and direction of the Spokane Public Facilities District’s sports, entertainment, performing arts and convention facilities. The CEO has regular contact with the Board, organizes the work of Board Committees, and reports to the Board’s Chair and the Executive Committee. The CEO is the primary contact with other public agencies and the Spokane business community representing the District and working to advance Board initiatives. Completely responsible for the District Team of employees and all contract services. Focus areas are People, Politics, Projects and Problem solving.
See detailed job description/apply below.
Date posted: 7-24-17